Step Into Nature
Join us for a hot cup of morning joe as we explore Bamboo Brook Outdoor Education Center in search of birds, butterflies, wildflowers and other natural wonders. These select Step Into Nature programs will start with a delicious pot of coffee provided by Black River Roasters. After some good conversation and a little (or a lot of) caffeine, we will journey into the meadows and woods surrounding Bamboo Brook.
Please be sure to bring your coffee thermos!
2018 Coffee & Conservation Schedule
- Friday, March 30 - Owl Calling - Barred owl heard! Six displaying male American Woodcock!
- Wednesday, May 2 - Spring Bird Hike, Meadows & Edges - CLICK FOR RESULTS! 43 species!
- Wednesday, May 9 - Spring Bird Hike, Forest Interior - CLICK FOR RESULTS! 47 species!
- Wednesday, May 16 - Spring Bird Hike, Birding by Ear - CLICK FOR RESULTS! 46 species! Canada Warbler, Magnolia Warbler, Lincoln's Sparrow
- Friday, June 22 - Butterfly Hike with NABA - 15 species!
- Friday, July 20 - Butterfly Hike with NABA
- Friday, August 10 - Butterfly Hike with NABA
- Wednesday, September 12 - Wayward Warblers
- Wednesday, October 10 - Autumn Bird Hike - CLICK FOR RESULTS! 30 species Huge flock of approx. 25 Purple Finches
- Wednesday, October 17 - Searching for Sparrows - CLICK FOR RESULTS! 33 species Lincoln's Sparrow, Purple Finches, 6 Accipiters
Black River Roasters is located in Whitehouse Station, NJ and provides organic, fair trade, wildlife-friendly coffees. For more information and to order, please visit http://www.blackriverroasters.com/
Bamboo Brook Outdoor Education Center is part of the Morris County Parks System. Visit http://www.morrisparks.net/ for more information.
For results from previous years, please visit our Past Results page.
Get The Latest News
From The Garden State